5 Steps to Effective Website Development:
1. SEO (Search Engine Optimization): In order to have a fully optimized website you must have a Title, Description and Niche keywords embedded in your website.
- The title of your website must have at least one or two niche keywords, often called your primary keyword for your website. It should have at least 60 characters. Be specific.
- The description should have a sentence of up to 160 characters describing your website and should have at least 3 niche keywords. It should be as detailed as you can within the 160 characters. Be specific!
- The Niche keywords you should have embedded in your website SEO section should be at least 10 to 20.
2. Content: Compared to the SEO section I eluded to above, content is the actual body within your pages and your postings. The key here is to make sure you integrate your Title, Description and Niche keywords in the content areas of your website. One of the biggest questions I get from my clients is “what is the difference between the SEO section and the Content section of a website.” The simplest way I can explain this is that every website ever created has two sections to it..the Content; which is the area that the public or your potential clients See..and the SEO section is in your Control Panel or Dashboard of your website. However, the thing to remember is that regardless of the location of these two areas…they should mirror each other.
3. Plug Ins: Some people like to call these gadgets or tools or bells and whistles. What ever you want to call them, they’re simply Addon’s to increase the functionality of your website. Most closely related to a Word Press website. They are also sometimes confused with a widget. To keep this simple just remember that a plug in and a widget add tools to increase the functionality of your website. They are all created mainly so that your potential clients can navigate and view your website easier.
4. Add links: When we refer to links, we’re really talking about two types of links. Either Html coded links or Hyper links…and come from either your Affiliate’s resource site or from a back link of a potential linking partner. Very critical that you add links to your website and always make sure you test the links to insure that you have copied and paste them correctly.
5. Marketing/Promoting Website: When we talk about Marketing and promoting your website, we’re really talking about Monetizing and Networking. Why the difference…well…In order to monetize your website you have to sign up with several vendors as an affiliate and when you sign up to be an affiliate an add their links to your website(see add links section above)…your adding a means for your potential clients to click thru and buy something from one of your linking partners. When we refer to networking..we’re referring to promoting your website to multiple areas. Thees areas can be Directories, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.
In closing…you have to insure that you integrate each of the 5 areas we spoke off because each area will enable your website to gain Traffic….as you increase your traffic you will increase your ranking and as you increase your ranking you gain more traffic…the ultimate goal is to make money!!